Saturday, March 7, 2009

Happy Hitchin' Jones.

Belovéd,

I think I'm coming to one of those points where I just want to crawl under a rock and forget the world exists. No man is an island, my ass.

I went to Alaflo this morning and had a wonderful time enjoying being with people who are fun to be around. They're a great bunch. I got back to Ozark in time to make it to the wedding of one of my high school buddies. We were kind of like non-confrontational rivals. He's a bit, really, cocky, but not arrogant. Hard to describe. His wife is a lot of fun, and perfectly equipped to put him in his place. It was nice to see some of the highschool gang too. LittleMissMary is pregnant (married longer than knocked-up) and about ready to pop. Her feet are really swollen. I'm glad I don't have to worry about going through that.

After the wedding I came back home and frittered around until Mom got back from a get together with some of her highschool friends near Birmingham. We went to eat at a new Thai food place in Dothan and the food was pretty good, and very reasonably priced. It wasn't absolutely top-notch, but it was good.

We went to the 7:00 showing of "Reader" with Kate Winslet (is that how you spell her name?). I've seen better movies. There was plenty of nudity and the story line was ok, but it wasn't exactly the mindless entertainment for which indulgence I flee to the movies in the first place.

I drove to Granny's and Papa's for a little while and I walked in to see Granny wearing a red shirt with a dachshund on it. The caption said, "My wiener does tricks." She really didn't get it. I told her that was the kid of thing a teenage guy would wear and she still didn't get it. Then I told her explicitly what it was getting at and she thought I just had a dirty mind. Right granny, they're going to sell t-shirts in the mall for dachshund lovers. RIIIIIGT.

I need to read something about population viability analyses in order to justify my existence.

Grace in Christ,
--Goose!

No comments:

Post a Comment